today was supposed to be my first day of therapy and the therapist didn’t show up. I’m pissed off. I wasted 2 hours for nothing.

I’ve sent her a polite message, asking if she’s sick and hoping she is well, but in reality I wanted to yell at her. However, if I yell at her, chances are she won’t treat me.

Before you suggest to find another therapist, finding a shrink where I live is very difficult and the other ones I contacted have either ignored me or are overbooked. I need therapy and it bothers me to be so dependent on one person.

For those of you who have experienced something similar, how doesn’t it bother you?

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    46 months ago

I stopped giving a shit when I was high on weed for 6 years. The bad shroom trip where I came to the conclusion that nothing matters (but it doesn’t need to matter) might have contributed too.

But really, you just have to recognize the things that you have control over and learn to let go of the things you don’t.

Your therapist is a human, and life happens.

• @BassTurd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      16 months ago

Self medicating is not good advice, but fuck, THC has been magical for me in this regard. I’m not saying it’s made everything alright and that it doesn’t carry negatives with it, but overall I’m better with it in my life. I still have other issues with depression and possible ADHD (lots of symptoms, waiting list to get a professional eval) but weed helps me chill and cope with life.

I want to try shrooms, but I need a good Sherpa, and product. I had a little bit of a shroom chocolate bar last new years, but I was already stoned and drunk, so I couldn’t tell where the alcohol ended and the shrooms began.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
        link
        26 months ago

I’d try acid before shrooms. Shrooms are really hard to dose, so you really don’t know how much you’re getting until shit starts happening.

In my experience, lsd was like, “Hey, I’m tripping, this is pretty chill.” Whereas shrooms were more like, “BUCKLE IN, BITCH, THIS SHIT IS HAPPENING!”