I made a blog post on my biggest issue in Lemmy and the proposed solutions for it. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

• @Blaze
    link
    English
    15 months ago

Lemmy has been around for years, not months

Let’s be realistic here, the large majority of people came here around June last year. I knew about Lemmy before, it had a few hundreds users before that.

Everything about the proposal is optional. I don’t understand why it matters to you. You seem to be fine with the current state and this proposal wouldn’t disrupt that.

Well, someone has to implement it. It matters to me because the developers of whatever platform we are talking about, be it Lemmy, Kbin, Mbin, Sublinks, have limited time and resources. Some subreddits are still not wanting to move to Lemmy due to the lack of moderation tools. This should be prioritized to allow more people to come to the platform, and have it as a solid alternative to Reddit beyond memes, news, tech and open source. To me, it’s strictly a question of prioritization, and that’s why I’m not in favor of dedicated effort into this while communities are already moving around organically.

• 0x1C3B00DA
      link
      fedilink
      15 months ago

The proposal was intentionally written to be easy to implement. All fediverse platforms deal with follows so handling follows for groups is a simple extension to that.

Some subreddits are still not wanting to move to Lemmy

I’ve seen ppl saying they don’t want to use any threadiverse platform because of disparate communities/threads. This issue keeps being talked about and always generates pretty big threads so its clear that its an issue that causes a lot of users friction. There’s also plenty of issues that are way lower priority than this but they’re still filed on various projects’ trackers.

I think it’s higher priority than you do and would contribute to helping the fediverse grow but I don’t think we’re gonna convince each other so I’m gonna bow out here.

• @Blaze
        link
        English
        25 months ago

I think it’s higher priority than you do and would contribute to helping the fediverse grow but I don’t think we’re gonna convince each other so I’m gonna bow out here.

I guess not, but that was a cordial exchange. Have a good one.