• @regul@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        25 months ago

I’d rather have a novice who has a chance of supporting something good than an old hand using their experience to enact genocide.

• R0cket_M00se
        link
        fedilink
        English
        15 months ago

What’s the other option? Let them stay for life?

The issue isn’t lack of experience, it’s that never having to worry about losing the job makes them useless. Watch how fast they get shit done that directly affects them, it was never about lack of ability, the current politicians are just intentionally useless because they all benefit from the status remaining quo.

• DdCno1
            link
            fedilink
            15 months ago

I think this thread and the lack of people both fundamentally misunderstanding and failing to fact check the article indicates that young people can be plenty stupid.

• R0cket_M00se
            link
            fedilink
            English
            -25 months ago

The fuck it is, if 8 years is enough for the president it’s enough for Congress, Senators, and the SC Justices.

If we can pass down the office of president every 8 years there’s no reason we can’t do the same elsewhere, does it take a decade to learn how to vote or something? Are we lacking in judges?

There are other levels of office, there isn’t going to be a shortage of experience just because we require term limits. Even if there was I’d prefer an inexperienced person than someone who sits on their hands all day and just votes according to their oligarchical masters whims.