• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    English
    825 months ago

If you’ve ever lived in a rural area, this isn’t even remotely onion level weird.

• Mario_Dies.wav
      link
      fedilink
      English
      295 months ago

I was thinking the same. I knew a Burger King like this. Perhaps surprisingly, it was one of the cleaner, more well-maintained BKs I’ve visited.

• @Worx@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        325 months ago

If you’re doing some real illegal stuff, you don’t want an inspection just because you didn’t keep your frier up to spec

• @dan@upvote.au
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

It’s something I see a lot on Cops (the TV show). They pull someone over because one of their brake lights is out or they went through a stop sign or something like that, and it turns out they have drugs in the car or a warrant for their arrest or something similar. It seems like some of them would get away with it if they didn’t give police any reason to pull them over.

• @Stupidmanager@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      95 months ago

Rural? Ha! I live in a medium city, suburbs’ish, and 30 years ago I could go through the taco bell drive thru to get weed. This isn’t a new idea.

• KingJalopy
        link
        fedilink
        English
        195 months ago

Same. I grew up in Fort Worth and used to buy weed and LSD at the burger king drive thru. The manager was the dealer and we had code words for stuff. Whopper with extra lettuce was weed obviously. He’d ask, “how many?” to define the amount. For the acid we would say, “make sure the order is correct, I’m not making 2 (3,4,etc…) trips back here.”.

Those were good times. Plus the dude was born with no right hand and we had all went to school together and had tons of great nick names for him like, “the one handed bandit” or, “the one handed hash slinger” or my favorite, “the handy man”. Before you think I’m an ass he’s the one who gave himself these names.

The best thing was watching him weigh out a bag with a postal scale and roll it up all with one hand. For a dude with half the amount of usual hands he was incredibly handy. You had to hand it to him.

Also when you left he would stick out his arm and say give me some nub. You know, instead of a fist bump.

• GladiusB
        link
        fedilink
        English
        105 months ago

I remember that our KFC got busted by selling because the code was for “an extra biscuit”. I was like “who doesn’t order extra biscuits?!” Dumbest code word ever.

• @grayman@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          24 months ago

Code should have been an extra large side of green beans. No one ate that nasty mush of canned green beans.