According to a lawsuit filed by the parents, the baby became stuck during labor and the doctor began pulling.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    05 months ago

Keep in mind that decapitation doesn’t mean the head was removed from the body.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
        link
        edit-2
        5 months ago

The lawsuit claims doctors “pulled on the baby’s head and neck so hard and manipulated them so hard, that the bones in the baby’s skull, head and neck were broken.”

According to the medical examiner’s report, the baby’s death was caused by the “fracture-dislocation” of his upper cervical spine and spinal cord.

It most certainly does not.

• @ryry1985@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Wait… What? I swear the article previously said the torso was removed via c section and the head vaginally… I’m confused.

Edit: I forgot I read it in the article linked in this thread by @stopthatgirl7@kbin.social instead of the OP article.

• @ipkpjersi@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      25 months ago

Yes, it actually by definition does. An internal decapitation doesn’t mean the head was removed, but a decapitation does mean the head was removed from the body. That’s how the terminology works.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
        link
        45 months ago

The two are often used interchangeably by journalists, which is why the reminder is necessary.

According to the linked article (which is not a good article) it was internal decapitation, although another source says it was a complete separation.