The commander of the IDF’s 98th Division said he would work on evacuation plans “if and when” he is told to launch an invasion.

A Hamas police vehicle was struck in Gaza’s southern city of Rafah on Wednesday evening in what Palestinian media reported as a targeted assassination by the IDF.

According to the reports, Hamas police’s special forces head, Majdi Abd al-Aal, was killed in the suspected attack.

• Philo
    link
    English
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Removed by mod

• @groupofcrows@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Can I assume you are saying - since other countries refuse to accept them, it must be acceptable to commit genocide? How do you feel about the voyage of the damned (1939), where 937 mostly Jewish refugees were turned away in the Americas? All had to return to Europe, 255 died in the war, many in the death camps.

• @Ilgaz@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Really? IMHO neither IDF or MOSSAD are doing their jobs. There can be some 11d chess they are playing but the fact is, HAMAS or Stormfront doesn’t need their own social media while here exists,

• @IndustryStandard@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

The dude I replied to is openly calling for ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and receiving 11 upvotes. The amount of IDF troll accounts have increased over the last two weeks. This looks like a targeted campaign. I hope the moderators can get a grip and ban these people.

• @trashgirlfriend@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      205 months ago

Why should Palestinians leave the land they’ve been living on for centuries and become displaced refugees in another country?

• @mightyfoolish@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      135 months ago

Seems that most Arab countries aim for two things

1. Keep as much natives of Palestine in Palestine
      2. Not get nuked by a country that never faces actual repercussions (like how Russia and China get repercussions).
    • @SulaymanF@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      105 months ago

Because Egypt is a dictatorship that doesn’t care about Egyptians or Palestinians. The general sisi accepted billions of dollars in bribes and therefore does what the US and Saudi want. (Saudi doesn’t like Hamas because they view it as related to Muslim Brotherhood and thus a threat to their monarchy)

But nice try trying to engage in Whataboutism.

• @adoth@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Do you realise that the Nazis used the same wording for jewish people ? Asking other countries to take jewish people as refugees to get them out of Nazi controlled territories. Are you seriously using the same tactic as the Nazis right now to kick Palestinians out of their homes ?

• Philo
        link
        English
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Removed by mod

• @adoth@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Yeah because the way you asked your question wasnt indicative at all. " Let me ask you hamas apologists" etc… you’re just asking a question right ?

Asking that in that manner and using the same questions the Nazis used to get rid of jewish people from the lands they occupied, the same way israeli politicians are asking to ethnically cleanse the Palestinians should give you pause at least.

• Philo
        link
        English
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Removed by mod

• Philo
            link
            English
            edit-2
            4 months ago

Removed by mod

• @drivepiler@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              35 months ago

I’m trying my best to be objective, and while I do admit I am not without fault, I have not seen what you are referring to. Are you sure you’re not misattributing anything? Sympathy for Palestine does not equal defending Hamas’ actions. I have yet to see a single post defending Hamas or their actions on Lemmy. I have, however, seen a lot of condemnation of Israel’s actions. Maybe I am mistaken, but I believe you are conflating the two.

• @WaxedWookie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

What a question to ask in the context of a genocide.

I’m sure you’ve got some interesting notions - why don’t they?

I’m guessing it’s the Palestinians’ fault they’re being genocided and can’t be displaced into Egypt?

• @Krauerking@lemy.lol
        link
        fedilink
        English
        55 months ago

This dude goes around, and picks fights to feel something.

Don’t bother trying cause everyone else is emotional but him and he gets giddy to point it out. Basic abuser who likes the thrill of the fight and feeling superior.

• @Tangent5280@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        15 months ago

How does taking in refugees make egypt complicit in the thing the refugees are running from? Was belgium complicit in the holocaust for taking in refugees? Was the greek patriarch complicit when he ordered his church to give out christian baptismal certificates to every jew they could? How would egypt be complicit in genocide by taking in people fleeing that very thing?

• @Jamil@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          15 months ago

Israel’s stated goals are ethnic cleansing. There are real estate companies already selling land in Gaza. Gaza’s population is made of mostly refugees that Israel does not allow to return to their homes that has been the situation for 75 years

The plan is to never allow the Palestinians to return, this is called ethnic cleansing.

But I expect you already know this and are only arguing in bad faith.

• @jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        15 months ago

Removed:

Rule 5: Keep it civil. It’s OK to say the subject of an article is behaving like a (perjorative, perjorative). It’s NOT OK to say another USER is (perjorative). Strong language is fine, just not directed at other members. Engage in good-faith and with respect!

• Philo
        link
        English
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Removed by mod

• @Jamil@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          25 months ago

You defend a country that the ICJ has found to be conducting a plausible genocide. Makes you a genocide supporter.