Such an impactful movie. I think the length of the movie really made it. They could have been a little more clear and elaborate at the end about what happened to the people involved. I didn’t keep track of the years, and 1957 and other years they mentioned meant nothing to me. I went and read the Wikipedia of King and Earnest, and that made me feel a lot more shock and anger than the end of the movie. Overall a haunting masterpiece. What did you think of it?

• @delirious_owl
    link
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Great movie. I thought it was some sort of Utopian fiction at the start

Unfortunately theres a law prohibiting teachers in Oklahoma from talking about the Osage murders

• @shalafi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      25 months ago

Not really true.

House Bill 1775 passed in 2021. It prohibits educators from teaching that an individual is inherently racist or oppressive based on their race, an individual bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race, or that any individual should feel discomfort or guilt based on race.

While that’s a shit law, I can’t see it stopping teaching this. It’s an intentionally vague law that needs tested in court.