• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    14 months ago

You, much like Bernie, are morally repulsive.

O man, you got me I have been outed to the whole internet as a morally repulsive person that wanted to try to have a discussion about a nuanced political issue while also holding personal values that contrast with the position of the representative in question.

Guess I will have to go support the status quo, since being opposed to genocide and apartheid is morally repulsive.

TBH it was my error, I for some crazy reason forgot that c/politics is for fascist blowjobs and not nuanced discussion.

I have no idea what your goal is here, but the guy who pointed out that Bernie is not going to fuck me contributed more to the discussion than your ability to read at a 2nd grade level.

• @infinitevalence
        link
        English
        14 months ago

It was my first attempt at trying a different method to see if you actually want to talk, I may keep trying because im sure we have more in common than you think. Just need to find the right combination of memes and fascist misogyny to signal that were on the same side.

• PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS [he/him, they/them]OP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          4 months ago

I also love to accuse people who disagree with me of being a misogynist for some reason. Plus I also think it’s cool to have “nuanced” take on supporting genocide. We really do have a lot in common after all. Do you want to make out?

• @infinitevalence
            link
            English
            24 months ago

still dont disagree with you, and still dont support genocide, but hey we seem to be getting closer!

I find your method of communicating your position ineffective and confrontational in a way that is reminiscent of fascism. Using hostility and anger to try to bludgeon people into your perspective is not the most productive way to change minds.

Im stuck living with people who think anyone that is a shade of brown is less than human and that having an immigration policy is silly when we have guns and ammo. I cant reach these people and help them see that it cant be simplified in to black and white by calling them stupid and being dismissive of their feelings and now their identity has been tied into their “political” team.

So maybe instead of replying with so much hostility to a person who also wants to end genocide we can have a better discussion of what can be done, what could Bernie say.

Just a thought… maybe we move the ball rather than arguing over if the ball is being moved.

• BurgerPunk [he/him, comrade/them]
              link
              fedilink
              English
              304 months ago

I find your method of communicating your position ineffective and confrontational in a way that is reminiscent of fascism.

Fascism is when i get trolled for being a nuance nerd very-intelligent

That should for real be a site tagline though

• DongWang [comrade/them, they/them]
              link
              fedilink
              English
              274 months ago

“ stuck living with people who think anyone that is a shade of brown is less than human and that having an immigration policy is silly when we have guns and ammo. I cant reach these people and help them see that it cant be simplified in to black and white by calling them stupid and being dismissive of their feelings and now their identity has been tied into their “political” team”

Silence is complicity. From your own descriptions you are coddling people who would kill anybody who’s not white and you want to come in here, handwringing and taking up all the oxygen in the discussion because your feelings were hurt because you respect Bernie.

I guess someone who’s too afraid to call a racist a racist WOULD look up to Bernie.

• @infinitevalence
                link
                English
                24 months ago

What makes you think I sit here in silence? I just use a different tactic to try to win over my neighbors and help them see that were all one people on a single small bit of rock in a big universe that does not care if we live or die.

Inclusion is more powerful than exclusion, and exclusion is exactly what makes genocide possible in Israel. Netanyahu needs a them so people wont question his clinging to power.

• GarbageShoot [he/him]
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  214 months ago

Netanyahu needs a them so people wont question his clinging to power.

This is true but really not the fundamental issue. Zionism was born before him and will die after him. Without understanding the economic basis of fascism and other reactionary social formations, all you can do is produce silly stories like this. Israel is a settler-colony, it is economically (and existentially) dependent on the deprivation of the people whose land it took and continues to take.

• BurgerPunk [he/him, comrade/them]
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    204 months ago

Without understanding the economic basis of fascism and other reactionary social formations, all you can do is produce silly stories like this

But have you considered that fascism is when people online are mean to me? Checkmate tankie smuglord

• DongWang [comrade/them, they/them]
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  edit-2
                  4 months ago

“What makes you think I sit here in silence?“

“Im stuck living with people who think anyone that is a shade of brown is less than human and that having an immigration policy is silly when we have guns and ammo. I cant reach these people and help them see that it cant be simplified in to black and white by calling them stupid and being dismissive of their feelings and now their identity has been tied into their “political” team.”

Considering you are still living with them, still describing them as racists, but are too afraid to call them racist…

“ I just use a different tactic to try to win over my neighbors”

And we can see how well that’s working out for you

• ShimmeringKoi [comrade/them]
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  154 months ago

Oh okay, you’ve never heard of the paradox of tolerance.

If you really care about inclusion, you must exclude the exclusive.

• sharedburdens [she/her, comrade/them]
          link
          fedilink
          English
          164 months ago

Just need to find the right combination of memes and fascist misogyny to signal that were on the same side.

Really telling that if you actually think we’re fascist misogynists your objective is apparently to try to win us over by also being one.

That sort of falls apart because our main issue is that Bernie is going along with the standard US “foreign policy” - put brown people in camps when we’re not indescriminantly bombing them.

I will say first instinct when I run into fascists is not to try to be like “see I’m one of you too” but maybe I’m just not as nuanced.