• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    24 months ago

What makes you think I sit here in silence? I just use a different tactic to try to win over my neighbors and help them see that were all one people on a single small bit of rock in a big universe that does not care if we live or die.

Inclusion is more powerful than exclusion, and exclusion is exactly what makes genocide possible in Israel. Netanyahu needs a them so people wont question his clinging to power.

• GarbageShoot [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      214 months ago

Netanyahu needs a them so people wont question his clinging to power.

This is true but really not the fundamental issue. Zionism was born before him and will die after him. Without understanding the economic basis of fascism and other reactionary social formations, all you can do is produce silly stories like this. Israel is a settler-colony, it is economically (and existentially) dependent on the deprivation of the people whose land it took and continues to take.

• BurgerPunk [he/him, comrade/them]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        204 months ago

Without understanding the economic basis of fascism and other reactionary social formations, all you can do is produce silly stories like this

But have you considered that fascism is when people online are mean to me? Checkmate tankie smuglord

• DongWang [comrade/them, they/them]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      4 months ago

“What makes you think I sit here in silence?“

“Im stuck living with people who think anyone that is a shade of brown is less than human and that having an immigration policy is silly when we have guns and ammo. I cant reach these people and help them see that it cant be simplified in to black and white by calling them stupid and being dismissive of their feelings and now their identity has been tied into their “political” team.”

Considering you are still living with them, still describing them as racists, but are too afraid to call them racist…

“ I just use a different tactic to try to win over my neighbors”

And we can see how well that’s working out for you

• ShimmeringKoi [comrade/them]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      154 months ago

Oh okay, you’ve never heard of the paradox of tolerance.

If you really care about inclusion, you must exclude the exclusive.