I created a google takeout and in that zip file I found some files containing a ton of data about me. It has logged every single page I visited while using the google search engine and chrome browser. It even logged every single time I opened an app on my old android phone. It even has VOICE RECORDINGS of me and a log of every time I used google assistant. This is just some of the data and I’m very sure there is even more data they have.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    24 months ago

Different strokes, but I personally dont think yge Graphene devs are trustworthy, and much prefer Calyx.

I’m also not afraid of root. Its how I harden my device (eg firewall)

• @EpicVision@monero.town
      link
      fedilink
      04 months ago

GrapheneOS has a built in Firewall that doesn’t require root privileges. Also, you don’t trust the GrapheneOS devs who arguably create one of the most secure operating systems on the planet, which is open source and can be verified by everyone, but you trust Calyx devs who regularly go months without releasing any Android security patches and include highly privileged third party apps in their operating system. Makes a lot of sense.

• @EpicVision@monero.town
          link
          fedilink
          24 months ago

Oh sorry, my bad. I meant it’s not some third party app that has to be installed with root privileges, but rather just a well integrated part of the system, which uses Android’s permission system to deny internet access.