• @Nopulseoflife
    link
    English
    384 months ago

No one would win a war between NATO and Russia. No one.

• @GiuseppeAndTheYeti@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      144 months ago

Disagree. I seriously doubt that anyone would turn the key. I don’t think Russia could inflict enough losses to hurt NATO logistical operations and I think NATO would prioritize careful advancements to minimize casualties and give the Russian military a frog in the pot treatment. When they realize that its all over, it will be too late and I think we would see a russian revolution before then.

• @DrRatso@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -24 months ago

Doesn’t matter the tactics used, its corrupt politians measuring their dicks by using regular people as pawns on a chessboard.

• Neuromancer
        link
        fedilink
        English
        84 months ago

NATO has more troops than that. The united state alone has 2 million.

• @Tinidril@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          34 months ago

The largest air force in the world is the US Air Force. The second largest air force in the world is the US Navy.

• LordWarfire
            link
            fedilink
            English
            14 months ago

I hear this all the time and it’s very subjective - I would argue the second largest is the US Army Aviation Branch - if you count helicopters have a lot more aircraft than the US Navy.

Also the Russian Air Force has more aircraft than the US Navy per most sources. I suspect the internet meme got the Navy and Army Aviation swapped around.

• @Tinidril@midwest.social
              link
              fedilink
              English
              34 months ago

Helicopters are kind of hard to categorize since they are tactically somewhere between aircraft and ground forces. Most helicopters are in support rolls while most airplanes are in combat rolls. Helicopters in combat rolls also get used like they are really fast ground forces.

But yeah, I get what your saying about the subjectivity, and it’s true that my knowledge here is mostly from memes.

• Emily
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        54 months ago

Both sides have enough nukes to kill the entire human race several times over.

• wjrii
        link
        fedilink
        14 months ago

First, war is always a tragedy. Always. It is to be avoided until the reasonably plausible alternative is worse for human suffering. People who ignore this are asses (not saying you are one of them).

Second, as long as it stays conventional and China stays on the sidelines, then yes of course NATO destroys the Russian military, or at least keeps it hemmed into existing Russian territory. That’s been true for 30 years.

Third, those are VERY big ‘ifs’.

• @xePBMg9@lemmynsfw.com
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        04 months ago

Russia is coming up on its half a million cassualties milestone. Would be the perfect time for the NATO half million to step in.

• 50gp
      link
      fedilink
      14 months ago

if we are being honest, current russia couldnt stop china or US from taking over the far east if there were no nuclear weapons