• @seathru@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      164 months ago

I can’t even recommend DeWalts corded stuff anymore. In the last few years their warranty service has gone from “It broke and you don’t have a receipt? Serial number checks out, we’ll send you a new one.” to “It broke 3 months into a year warranty and you do have all the receipts? Well, send it in to one of our sketchy third party repair centers for a quote.”

Screw that, I’ll just buy another off amazon and return the broke one for far less hassle. And I’ll buy a different brand next time.

• @nxdefiant@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      94 months ago

Milwaukee has an incredible catalog of cordless stuff. As a Makita, I sometimes get jealous.

I prefer Bosch for corded, but since it’s not an ecosystem, Im not brand loyal there.

• @infinitevalence
        link
        English
        44 months ago

Makita has great corded too so at least you can stay teal for both battery and corded!

Agree when it comes to ecosystems im not tied to dewalt for corded, I have a Ryobi hammer drill because it does what I need.

The only real complaint I have with Milwaukee is that the 12v and 18v are not able to share equipment. I love the 12v gear for being light weight and powerful, but sometimes the tool I need uses the 18v batteries :(

• @ramenshaman@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        14 months ago

I have kind of a lot of dewalt stuff (drill, reciprocating saw, track saw, sander, multi tool, router, table saw, shop vac) and the only issue I’ve had was with their cordless shop vac. I have an older right-angle drill with the old style batteries and I don’t have any complaints with that either. Did I choose to commit to dewalt? Not exactly, but once I had a few of their batteries it seemed silly to get other tools that require different batteries. I know there are adapters. If I could start over I’d probably go with Makita or Milwaukee. I do have a corded Makita jigsaw, which is nice.

• @infinitevalence
        link
        English
        14 months ago

some of it, I have a reasonably new table saw, and miter saw.

• @infinitevalence
        link
        English
        14 months ago

thankfully I dont need powder tools for anything any more.