Mrs Justice Steyn threw out the case against Orbis Business Intelligence, a consultancy founded by former MI6 officer Christopher Steele, last month.

She found that Mr Trump’s compensation claim was “bound to fail”.

In a new ruling she also ordered Mr Trump to pay Orbis’s costs “of the entire claim”.

The order, obtained by the PA news agency on Thursday, also said Mr Trump has made no attempt to bring an appeal.

Mr Steele, who previously ran the Secret Intelligence Service’s Russia desk, was the author of the so-called Steele dossier.

This included uncorroborated intelligence claims, denied by Mr Trump, that the former US president had been “compromised” by the Russian security service, the FSB.

• @azimir@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      164 months ago

Not necessarily the fascism directly, but definitely the racism. The fascism is often a side effect of forcing a minority rule state behind a strongman so the followers can force their racist views to be accepted by the majority. It doesn’t help that now have generational education deficits from decades of conservative undermining of the school systems that’s manifesting itself in undereducated people being crushed by a capitalist system designed to extract maximal wealth from the public and those people being frustrated while their propaganda channels tell them it’s all my the fault of minorities and liberals.

It’s a real shitty stew we’ve brewed here. The confluence of ill education, crushing economics, and propaganda pointing us to fight each other for crumbs is really making our country into a sticky wicket.

• @stoly@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      84 months ago

I’m convinced more and more that the people who support him are jealous and wish to be him. They vote for him specifically because they wish they could act like he does. In reality, I think it means that many are actually terrible and selfish people.