I currently use a few browsers on various platforms:

• Mullvad on Linux and macOS
  • Firefox (w. Arkenfox User.js) on FreeBSD
  • Safari (w. extensions & privacy settings changed) on iOS

However, I am finding the absence of any sort of cookie persistence in Mullvad and Safari to be a little annoying, as just about everything I use has 2FA enabled.

So, I was wondering what you would say a good choice for a second browser would be. I would use this to access a small number of privacy-respecting sites (such as CloudTube and Lemmy), which would involve saving cookies and allowing third-party content (i.e. googlevideo in CloudTube). Ideally, this should be Firefox or WebKit-based, and I would like suggestions for Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, and iOS.

On macOS, I have not signed in with an Apple ID, so I can’t use the App Store; but I do have Homebrew and pkgsrc(7) installed.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I am NOT moving away from Mullvad. I’m looking for a COMPLEMENTARY browser which I can use for stuff like CloudTube.

• @Delusion6903
    link
    English
    14 months ago

Covermytracks makes never Brave look better than, say Librewolf, because Brave randomizes fingerprinting info while other browsers try to thwart fingerprinting by all looking the same.

• @ChallengeApathy@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      14 months ago

I’d argue that randomization is more effective than making everyone look the same. It’s less noticeable when the fingerprint is randomized.

• @Delusion6903
        link
        English
        24 months ago

You’re probably right. I’d rather do it that way too.