• @wathek
    link
    13 months ago

Good point, most people just justify it and don’t really question the morality. But after being told, precisely how and why it is probably immoral, and that animals dont live peaceful lives at the happy factory, what do you do? That’s when coping mechanisms kick in.

I’m not even vegan, im just interested in the psychology of it all. My cope is unga bunga monkey instincs and soy crap is expensive. There is no god, morality is invented by humans, it’s not punishable by law, therefore no consequences for my actions on me. As for everything affected by my actions, keep it at a safe distance i guess? Just like you, don’t rub it in my face because it makes me uncomfortable.

I think if we all seriously started analysing our actions as much as vegans want us to, we’d all hate ourselves for even existing. But im too tired for this wannabe deep bullshit so ima go back to destroying the planed by having a server somewhere emit pollution so i can listen to muh monkey brain happy songs on youtube.

• @muntedcrocodile@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      03 months ago

Yeah sometimes i wonder why i argue with these assholes then i come up with a line like “hop skip and a bolt to the head” and my little monkey brains goes hahahaha. I mean im trying not to think abt it too hard but the vegans might be right we arnt that different we kill our fellow humans with almost every action we take so in the end its the vegans who care so much about not harming animals that murder is illegal therefore its their fault there is any difference at all.