With the advancements in technology, particularly AI now, what is the smartest smartphone in your opinion? And I don’t mean in terms of raw power or tech specs, but rather the likes of the OS, UI, or features and functions.

• @Gamera8ID
    link
    English
    edit-2
    3 months ago

particularly AI

The Google Pixel 8 Pro is the only phone I am aware of where local AI capability was mentioned heavily in its marketing. (It’s also the only phone that is produced by a current leading company in the AI space.) I italicized “marketing” because my understanding from what I’ve been reading is that a lot of deeper Gemini AI integration won’t come until the P9P, though it might be possible to be backported to the P8P.

• @DeltaBravoNiner@sh.itjust.works
      cake
      OP
      link
      fedilink
      13 months ago

I will admit, I’m quite outdated in terms of the phone industry at the moment, I just assumed with all the different AI tech over lock of few years might have been implemented into smartphones. Every day is a school day!

• @Gamera8ID
        link
        English
        23 months ago

Most of it happens “in the cloud.” From an article I just saw posted on Lemmy:

The Gemini LLM comes in three model sizes: Nano, Pro, and Ultra. Only the Nano model is small enough to run locally on high-end Android devices like the Pixel 8 Pro and the Galaxy S24 series, whereas the other two models run on Google’s cloud servers.

https://www.androidauthority.com/gemini-nano-ai-article-summaries-3425331/