Just missed a meeting today because I accepted an event on Thunderbird this morning, that should have synced to Nextcloud, and then to my phone running a calendar app from ‘simplemobiletools’. Never made it. After I missed the meeting I didn’t see the event on nextcloud, then went to look at the event on thunderbird, and now lo and behold its on nextcloud, two hours after it was over. Cool. Still not on the phone.

Anyone have a solid calendar stack they like? I’d like to reliably get from emailed invite to alert on my phone.

• @ISOmorph@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      3 months ago

I went trough 5 days of Rethink logs to confirm. Not a single call to a Google domain was allowed. DAVx5 works great.

Another user posted that Davx5 from Fdroid has no dependency on Google. Maybe you’re using the Playstore version? I don’t even have GApps to install the playstore.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        edit-2
        3 months ago

the logs are coming from your OS, not the app

Update: For your info, this known bug’s discussion is here:

If you’re using the latest version of Davxx5 and your syncing is not broken, then you are not blocking your system from constantly pinging Google.

• @ISOmorph@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          3 months ago

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this bug. I’m not however. I even checked my pi-hole: the only access to connectivitycheck.gstatic.com comes from my wife’s phone, which isn’t hardened.

I vaguely remember doing some fiddling to the captive portal setting years ago. I probably found a way to disable the check altogether.