• @delirious_owl
    link
    12 months ago

Yes. Find a commercial distributor in your area. Businesses buyarge commercial monitors for their offices, not smart TVs

• @sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Thanks for the tip, I’ll take a look. I’ve mostly been looking at the typical tech shops (Newegg, Best Buy, etc), and they’re all smart crap.

Edit: I took a look, and it seems prices aren’t generally available online. Is that common, or do you have recommendations for distributors to look for?

• @delirious_owl
        link
        12 months ago

Maybe try Tech Data, Ingram Micro, Synnrx, Mouser, etc

• Tech Data

Only this one had public product listings for large displays, and they were all 1080p (hoping for 4k, don’t need QLED or OLED). That can maybe work, but I’d need to login to see prices, which is kind of annoying.

I’ll ask around though. My company has several large screens, so I can probably ask where we get them from. However, they’re often for conference rooms, so I’m guessing they’re pretty expensive since they integrate with other expensive conferencing equipment.

• @delirious_owl
            link
            12 months ago

I wouldn’t be surprised if the integration logic is a separate unit from the actual monitor. Usually its a small computer box that just sends video to the monitor with HDMI.

That’s exactly type of dumb monitor that you want

• Yeah, if I can use it with just HDMI/DisplayPort and a remote and have no WiFi capability whatsoever, that’s what I’m looking for. Ideally, it would have lots of ports (like >4) and not much else.

I’d really like 4k resolution, but I don’t care about the rest of the features modern TVs have, and I can live without OLED. Our current TV (55"-ish) has 4k and I can still see pixels when somewhat close (like 5 feet away), so I don’t really want to go down much in resolution when going up in size.

I just don’t know much about the commercial offerings, so I’ll have to ask around.