i know this sounds paradox and maybe some will not understand this (yet), but i want to shine a light on some positive side effects of this primarily negative topic.

for me, i feel like social anxiety has made me more empathetic towards my fellow humans. i work as a service worker in sales, and many of my coworkers don’t care about the customers and are mostly just annoyed at them. i try to show understanding since i never know what someone is going through and how hard this shopping trip is for them. i have the motto that i want to give people around me more space, and more time to do whatever. however much time they might need. because i know i sometimes need this, and i am very happy when i can see someone who apprechiates it when i don’t pressure them to buy something. i think we all can practice a little more empathy. i imagine without experiencing social anxiety myself i would have less acceptance of other peoples struggles whatever kind that might be.

• @stuffandthings
    link
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

This is an approach called strengths based or positive psychology. I have been learning about this recently. Focusing on enhancing and developing strengths instead of trying to fix problems can improve overall well-being and resilience. I don’t know if I can think of another one but I would also consider myself to be an empath.