• @RGB3x3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      83 months ago

Is there a game that will analyze the weapons you’re using before doing a random drop so that the 10 minute boss battle has at least some semblance of a reward?

• VindictiveJudge
        link
        fedilink
        English
        103 months ago

The closest I know of is games scaling rewards to your character level. Oblivion did that in an incredibly bad way.

• VindictiveJudge
            link
            fedilink
            English
            73 months ago

It also scaled unique items. That cool glass sword with the frost damage enchantment and unique blue glass texture? Its strength entirely depends on what level you were when you finished the quest that rewards it. Unenchanted standard weapons would usually outclass it in maybe two hours.

• @dev_null@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        43 months ago

In Vermintide when you open a crate (the primary reward for doing things in-game), what is inside is based on what you already have, so even though everything rewards you with the “same” crate, you always get better and better gear from them.

• FunkyMonk
      link
      fedilink
      53 months ago

Borderlands I would spend 6 hours until I find a gun that didn’t spend more time reloading than shooting and pray it doesn’t fall under the level curve for a few minuets. Love that game in principal but so many shit guns with the RNG system.