• @delirious_owl
    link
    13 months ago

Most people have public transit options.

Just some city planners make it faster to go in a personal car. The solution is easy, though. Block of 4 lanes in the highway for busses only. And if theres still more than 4 lanes for cars, block those lanes off for bicycles only.

• @ClockworkOtter@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      23 months ago

I know most people do have some options, so I should have specified that mine are particularly good. Cheap, fast, comfy, and easy.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        13 months ago

Yeah, its always an option (ok, only 99% of the time). The difference is how easy it is.

still, most people just make excuses to solve their cognative dissonance. and thats my point: if people actually took the public transport in the places where its annoying, then it would become the most convenient option as they get more funding, more routes, more frequent stops, and dedicated lanes for local and rapid public transport in both directions

• @ClockworkOtter@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          23 months ago

I agree there; I find it frustrating when people who know that public transport is the better option in the long run never use it when it’s inconvenient yet also complain that it doesn’t get better.

It will get better if we all use it. We all need to take that step though.