This is kinda stupid, and just for “culture” but I sometimes see women wearing overall or jumpsuit are fashion accessories, but when male do so it’s professional clothe (and sometimes sport clothe).

It’s seems that if a man over 10 year old wear an overall of a jumpsuit it’s a professional attire rather than a fashion thing. I am not really sure on why it totally skip the “male fashion step” ? I get that the “plumber overall” isn’t really that of a dream, but a pilot jumpsuit seems like many men’s dream job.

• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    53 months ago

Not on the webpage though - I think it’s only doing that in certain apps?

• TeNppa
      link
      fedilink
      13 months ago

At least on Boost on Android it works. Not sure about other apps since I’ve only used this for Lemmy.

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        13 months ago

Another co-reply to the person I replied to, Kolanaki@yiffit.net (link) said it well imho:

1. That only works in certain apps
        2. It also only works within a certain period of time after the post was deleted (usually within a few hours). After that even the reply/copy text thing doesn’t work. It takes time to actually delete the thing across every instance it was copied to.

So now I am curious - does Boost hold onto the message for longer than a few hours? If so, it would be a weird “quirk” (feature/bug/whatever) of Boost, rather than a fault with the underlying ActivityPub system that makes the Fediverse run - b/c you can delete a comment, just not instantly, and different clients will respond in varying ways. Things may become more consistent in the future but this will always remain some kind of underlying issue b/c of how the Fediverse works as a disparate collection of instances rather than a unified singular place where every user interacts with the same codebase. :-)