I love the app, first and foremost. It’s hands-down the best way to view Lemmy posts, and it feels amazing to scroll and interact with.

When I click a link that opens in a browser, though, it opens without any frame around it and can’t open into any third party apps. I know it may not impact everyone, but for me this is pretty difficult to get around. Some use cases:

• I clicked the link to view Liftoff! in the Play Store, and I couldn’t click to actually download the app. Sure, I already have this installed, but it could happen for other apps.
  • I was reading an article that I wanted to share externally, but the menu for my browser wasn’t available to share that content.
  • I clicked a YouTube video and wanted to watch it in the official app instead of the browser. There was no way to open the link in another app.

Again, loving the app but this would make it so much cooler!

• @Sir_Kevin
    cake
    link
    English
    11 year ago

This has been irking me too for multiple reasons. I don’t want my browser within the app. I just want my browser. Same goes for videos. Let us pick what app to use for websites, youtube, images etc etc

This is something RIF did beautifully.