• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    23 months ago

Ah, you wanted the movie to play from the title or post text rather than comment? Yeah, I suspect that is not allowed. I for one find it highly distracting when scrolling downwards and things are moving around on their own, plus there’s sound to consider, so I am kinda glad for that rule tbh - you might mean well here but anything that can be abused will be by someone with lower ethical standards:-(. I offer that as a potential reasoning as to why you might be struggling with making this happen.

But also, the Fediverse is not very technically advanced yet, compared to e.g. Reddit, but I think you are approaching it the right & only way: direct experimentation, leaning towards gifs, etc. Things might also vary by instance and if we are talking titles I believe by community, bc of how I’ve seen news articles set up differently. i.e. that text goes through a different filtering process, which presumably does not load images especially those with sound embedded. But I don’t really post here only comment so that’s all I got. One day such things will become easier but for now, the developers are working on other more pressing issues, like how to remain afloat against the constant DDoS attacks:-(. But I do wish you a happy resolution to this, to find something that you can live with:-).

• ClaraBecker@threads.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      23 months ago

Well, no. I’m just looking for workarounds and finding none. Describing an expandable embedded thumbnail may confuse people, depending on their browser of choice so I opted for the most universal description of a successfully fetched post that I could muster.