• @delirious_owl
    link
    43 months ago

Well, if you want to contribute to a project to github then you are pretty fucked if the gate keepers won’t let you

• FaceDeer
      link
      fedilink
      13 months ago

You’re not “pretty fucked”. Just use one of the many other git hosts out there. OP himself lists some of them in his rant.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        53 months ago

You didn’t seem to read what I said. I can’t force other projects that I don’t own off github.

• FaceDeer
          link
          fedilink
          -13 months ago

Actually, you can do exactly that. Fork them.

You can’t force the people who are using Github to follow you, of course. But that’s every individual’s choice.

• FaceDeer
          link
          fedilink
          33 months ago

Oh, that’s what you meant. How do you contribute to a project on any git host if that git host won’t let you? In what way is GitHub any different from that?

• @delirious_owl
            link
            23 months ago

Its different in that other platforms aren’t run by evil corporations that could decide to deplatform a user.

• FaceDeer
              link
              fedilink
              03 months ago

You think Microsoft is the only “evil corporation” among these? That’s very naive. Any hosting service will deplatform users when they can see a profit to be made from doing so.

• @delirious_owl
                link
                33 months ago

My point is don’t go with a corporation. Use open source software. Use codeberg.