• @ericjmorey
    link
    English
    31 month ago

Today AI is fully self-sustaining, meaning companies using AI are making a profit

How can I verify this?

• @CeeBee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      11 month ago

Look at the number of companies offering AI based video surveillance. That sector alone is worth tens of billions each year and still growing.

Just about every large company is using AI in some way. Google and Microsoft are using AI in their backend systems for things like spam filtering.

You’re thinking of AI as “ChatGPT” but the market for AI has been established well before ChatGPT became popular. It’s just the “new” guy on the scene that the news cycle is going crazy over.

• @ericjmorey
        link
        English
        11 month ago

I’m interested in LLMs and how they are being used because that’s what large sums of money is being thrown at with very uncertain future returns.

• @CeeBee@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          11 month ago

I have no idea how LLMs are being used by private companies to generate profit.

What I do know is that other forms of AI are employed in cybersecurity, fintech, video surveillance, spam filtering, etc.

The AI video surveillance market is huge and constantly growing. This is a proven and mature segment worth tens of billions every year and constantly growing.

I find it interesting that you keep driving the point about LLMs and constantly ignore my point that AI is way bigger than just LLMs, and that AI is making billions of dollars for companies every year.