How do I trick my brain into completing a project? I’m making an app that shows which voice actor plays a character in the movie and what other movies they act in. It’s useful for me personally so the internal motivation is here but sometimes I feel like I’m making something that’s been done numerous times over and I lost the momentum because I’m on vacation with my family now.

I ran into some problems with the project too and getting help takes a ton of time so it’s disrupting the rythm too. I wish I didn’t have to rely on other people so much but the documentations don’t answer all of my questions. I really have to put at least 2-3 projects like this for a portfolio;_; halp

• @KrzakOP
    link
    11 year ago

I’m breaking the tasks down whenever I can and it really helps. This time it’s different because most od the time I don’t know the details, only find out as I go. That’s the trouble with being a beginner

• @sirdorius@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      41 year ago

Don’t worry, it doesn’t get much better even with years of experience! Just write down broad tasks and you will fill in the details as you go. If you can’t describe the task, try to describe what the expected outcome is and start from there.

• @KrzakOP
        link
        11 year ago

Oww too bad x( I thought it won’t stay like this. I’ll try the method though.