• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    142 months ago

That’s the opposite of what his side wants. It really seems like they’re actively trying to force the apocalypse.

• @IamtheMorgz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      112 months ago

For some of them, they are. There’s a whole thing in the Bible about how bad the world has to get (including a war in Israel) for the second coming to happen, and they’re trying to force it.

A ton of evangelicals believe they are living in the end times and there’s no reason to care about the future of the planet or nation anyway.

• Flying Squid
        link
        fedilink
        102 months ago

Quite the amount of hubris. “God has a plan, but he hasn’t worked hard enough at it, so I’m going to help him out.”

• @Daft_ish@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          72 months ago

It’s genocidal. All the nonbelievers will go to hell and the believers will be raised from the dead.

Christians suck.

• @pelicans_plight@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            52 months ago

There’s an actual word for what they are doing to us, I never see anyone use it, so I thought people should know it exists.

The following definition was copied from Wiktionary.

omnicide

noun

The total extinction of the human species as a result of human action. Most commonly it refers to human extinction through nuclear warfare, but it can also refer to such extinction through other means such as global anthropogenic ecological catastrophe and Lethargica.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
        link
        12 months ago

Isn’t peace in the middle east one of the signs of the biblical apocalypse, though?