• @CableMonster@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    2 months ago

So your theory is that housing is so expensive because of less regulation? And if we had more regulations in how houses are built housing would be cheaper?

• @grte@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      42 months ago

Yes, of course. Banning short term rentals for example is a regulation that would put downward pressure on housing prices. Banning investment companies such as Blackrock, Blackstone, etc from purchasing single family homes, duplexes, 4-plexes and the like would do the same. Whereas the lack of regulation around these things has contributed to home price inflation. The idea that people are unable to afford homes because there is too much regulation holds water like a sieve.

• @papalonian@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          72 months ago

It’s really frustrating that you read the comment outlining the kind of regulation that would help, yet you somehow think the only kind of regulation possible is “make houses harder and more expensive to build” and dip out of the conversation with a “wow ur dumb lol”. It’s almost as if you’ve been arguing in bad faith and have no information to back up any of your takes.

• @CableMonster@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            -32 months ago

I understand your frustration but what am I supposed to say to someone that just repeats and believes ANY propaganda that their side tells them? What he said is so so far off from what reality is, its literally turned into a cult at this point.

• @papalonian@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              52 months ago

Wait, so this entire conversation you didn’t make a single, tangible point or statement, just sarcastically asked questions doubting the possibility of their being another opinion besides your own, and when they answer all of these questions with sources and examples you run away because they’re the ones repeating what their side tells them…? And accuse them of being in the cult…

Can’t make this up folks.

• @CableMonster@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                -72 months ago

From the moment he said we need more regulation to make housing cheaper I knew he was just an NPC. Can you convince NPCs of anything?

• @CableMonster@lemmy.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    -52 months ago

ZING!!! The difference is that I know exactly why all the thing that are listed is mere propaganda, I have heard and seen the same bullshit talking points over and over. If you guys want to just do what your team says, that fine, just dont think you are are actually thinking for yourself.

• @grte@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          42 months ago

Yeah, all that housing in Vienna appeared from nowhere.

But sure, you have a great day as well.