The United States federal government allocates a staggering $38 billion annually to prop up the meat and dairy industries. These subsidies significantly reduce the price of meat products, including hamburgers. Research from 2015 reveals that these subsidies slash the price of a pound of hamburger meat from $30 to the $5 we see today

• @delirious_owl
    link
    English
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I did. You disregarded it and doubled down on nonsense.

I don’t see a point in continuing to repeat myself. Its easily achievable for everyone able bodied to get a few weeks off per year, take a bus to farmlands, and work a few hours per day for a few weeks to provide free food to everyone in their country without moncultures or petrochemicals.

Also, the downvote button isn’t for disagreements. Its for hate speech, misinformation, etc

• @Everythingispenguins@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      22 months ago

What??? I literally wrote paragraphs of supporting arguments to my position. While you repeated yourself and refuse to refute my arguments. That seems to be doubling down to me. If you really believe what you suggest will work you should be able to defend it and provide counter arguments. Show me how it will work. I am happy to listen, but if your position is so weak it can’t withstand debate why should I just accept it?

And you are using the downvote because you are butt hurt. I said nothing hateful, or not factual.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        English
        -12 months ago

You said we need to have monocultures and petrochemicals and machines in agriculture to feed our population. That’s misinformation.

We need to not so those things to stop the climate emergency. And spreading such common misconceptions is harmful.

• @Everythingispenguins@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          02 months ago

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it misinformation. The truth is currently the world is dependent on monoculture and petrochemicals. The Haber Process alone is responsible for half of the nitrogen atoms in your body. There are advancements that have reduced the use of fertilizer. The adoption of air drill planting has been a great revolution in fertilizer use reduction. Trust me if farmers could not use fertilizer they wouldn’t that shit is expensive.

You are welcome to explain how I am wrong I would be happy to be wrong. All you have done is vaguely suggest the use of nitrogen fixing by the symbiotic relationship between legumes and bacteria. If you understood that process then you would know that it can’t produce enough nitrogen to be an effective replacement.

The only other thing you have suggested is busing to the fields. That is exactly what Stalin and Pol Pot did. It was a failure for both of them and created famine and death.

I have repeatedly asked you to explain how I am wrong and how your system will work better. You have repeatedly failed to do that. Please prove me wrong, but don’t just tell me I am lying without any supporting evidence.