I may be moving on to the TOVA, which would sort out my symptoms and distinguish what is or is not ASD. People have told me for a long time that I may be on the spectrum somewhere but I didn’t have any documentation proving so. Now I am 27 and finally deciding to get assessed to possibly explain why I have made the life decisions that I have made. I know that I have depression and anxiety, but this test may also separate symptoms from that for a more accurate diagnosis.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    41 year ago

I think getting testing helps a lot. Finding deeper reasons behind decisions and actions is helpful for the mood. It’s been helping me recognize how my diversities have caused stressors in my life. I understand that it wasn’t because I was just a failure. Now I know what to work on and how to identify when I need to try to think differently to solve a problem. I can also communicate better with people because I’m not confused by my actions.

I wish you the best. I hope you find the same tools I have to be more successful.