A popular way of dealing with discussions, and familiar to most people, I assume. As far as I see it, adding a poll system to Lemmy is a good way to enhance user engagement. I’m not really aware if this has been a topic before or not, tried looking it up but didn’t see much juice on the topic, so thought I’d spark it up.

Personally would like to see polls, but I’m sure there are people who don’t want it too. Let me know your thoughts 🌻

• @SorteKanin@feddit.dk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      2914 days ago

Lemmy and other Fediverse applications use the ActivityPub protocol under the hood. The ActivityPub protocol has something called “groups”, which Lemmy uses as communities. So groups and communities are the same thing essentially but other software (like Mastodon) calls groups something else and not necessarily communities. But I’m not an expert.

• @ericjmorey
        link
        English
        edit-2
        14 days ago

Thanks for clearing that up!

• kbal
      link
      fedilink
      514 days ago

There’s a very long history of calling things like lemmy communities “groups”. In my case I’m old and the habit comes from Usenet.

• @ericjmorey
        link
        English
        414 days ago

My first exposure to that interchangable use in the Lemmy lexicon. Now I Know!