Though the way the leaker describes it makes it sound more like a 3rd person MOBA than a hero shooter.

• @Rooskie91
    link
    English
    71 month ago

JESUS CHRIST JUST MAKE HALF LIFE 3 AND PORTAL 3 WHAT ARE YOU DOING VALVE?!?!

• Dizzy Devil Ducky
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 month ago

At this point, we have some absolutely impressive Portal 2 mods that, in my opinion, definitely make up for not having Portal 3. We’ve got Tag (the paint gun mod), Thinking With Portals (a short one that gives you the ability to create a clone thing that copies recorded actions), and I’ve been playing through one I just found out about called Revolution that is pretty cool so far.

I personally like to think that the fans have done a good enough job at creating mods and maps that a Portal 3 would be redundant.

• @Rooskie91
        link
        English
        21 month ago

Damn I didn’t know portal had a mod community like that. I’ll check it out.

• @Duamerthrax@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          11 month ago

Revolution is flat out better then most AAA retail games, both in quality and length.

Portal Stories: Mel is also something to try out. There’s some small references to Mel in Revolution, but playing Mel before Revolution isn’t necessary, but recommended.