• @PugJesus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    41 month ago

The left’s aversion to responsible firearm ownership will be (and, is) the literal death of them. I fear.

I hate that Rambo fantasies have taken hold on the left now too.

• Flying Squid
      link
      fedilink
      21 month ago

They think they can win against a police force that’s been getting all the equipment the U.S. military doesn’t want anymore for decades.

It’s not going to happen. I’m sorry, it’s just not.

• @PugJesus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 month ago

I think they absolutely can win - just not the way the think they can, by busting out their glorious .22 (but in scawwy black so you know it’s MILITARY) and going head to head with THE OPPRESSOR

Like, the examples of guerrilla warfare and government overthrows through the past two centuries are countless, and privately owned firearms have rarely played a major role, much less a pivotal one. Yet time and time again, these people buy into the same cheap propaganda that GOP fascists do.

• Flying Squid
          link
          fedilink
          21 month ago

You’re right. I wasn’t thinking about guerilla tactics, I was thinking about their fantasy of a direct shooting war with the cops like some sort of modern gunfight at the O.K. Corrall. The cops won in that situation too, incidentally.

They also really don’t like it when you ask them when they’re going to stop talking about it on Lemmy and start the glorious revolution.