• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    1225 days ago

In many rural areas, they have run out the mom & pop stores, plus people will pay for convenience, so I expect that they expect to totally get away with this.

• Flying Squid
      link
      fedilink
      925 days ago

I was explaining something about this to my daughter. Starbucks came in to a lot of smaller towns and drove out the local coffee shop because it had the advantage most of those coffee shops didn’t: A drive-through.

The good news is that now, local places have figured out that’s all they have to do to get customers to opt for them instead of shitty Starbucks coffee. And they can get away with charging less.

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        425 days ago

People traveling between cities will opt for the comfortable, safe, familiar places. And sheeple that go to McDonald’s just do what they’re told. I imagine the CEO would not risk their shares unless they thought they’d get away with doing this to their poor customers.

A lot of businesses do this, purposefully aggravating their customer base, and then say - it’s Biden, he made me do it. So for a Magat, going to McDonald’s might even be a source of pride!? (Except delicious Chick-fil-A already occupies that niche!?)