Danish banks have implemented significant restrictions on how Danish kroner (DKK) used outside Denmark can be repatriated back into Denmark.

Due to these circumstances, which are unfortunately beyond Mullvad’s control, Mullvad will no longer be able to accept DKK from its customers. We will continue to credit DKK received until the end of the month, but considering postal delays, it is best to stop sending it immediately.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    edit-2
    1 month ago

When I was in Denmark I was shocked how many cameras there were, everywhere. I mean not just in the city, but everywhere on the countrywide.

Also Denmark is one of those weird countries where its illegal to have your map software tell you where the speed cameras are.

In general, it feels like Denmark loves panoptic surveillance.

• @myplacedk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      221 month ago

When I was in Denmark I was shocked how many cameras there were, everywhere. I mean not just in the city, but everywhere on the countrywide.

I’ve lived in Denmark for decades. The only cameras I see are basically surveillance cameras in stores etc and speed cameras. I see more cameras in most other countries I go to.

We have nothing compared to fx. London.

Where did you see cameras?

Denmark is one of those weird countries where its illegal to have your map software tell you where the speed cameras are.

That’s not correct. You can even buy gadgets for this in many stores.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        -51 month ago

Sounds like you haven’t lived in Denmark for a while. Homes have cameras, beaches have cameras, forests have cameras, roads have cameras

• @VonReposti@feddit.dk
      link
      fedilink
      111 month ago

Also Denmark is one of those weird countries where its illegal to have your map software tell you where the speed cameras are.

That is not true at all. The police has even officially recommended the use of speed trap avoidance software. We even have an entire market of it, most notably with Saphe that’s probably the world’s biggest producer of traffic alarms.

• 🦄🦄🦄
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      1 month ago

That’s a good thing. Just drive below or at the speed limit?

Edit: Lots of speeding assholes around here, it seems 🤷

• Possibly linux
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 month ago

It shouldn’t be illegal to share easy to find information. What next, are you going to make illegal to give someone directions to the local bar?

• 🦄🦄🦄
          link
          fedilink
          21 month ago

It’s not illegal to share the information, it’s illegal to have your nav software automatically tell you that there is a speed trap.