Tack “&udm=14” on to the end of a normal search, and you’ll be booted into the clean 10 blue links interface. While Google might not let you set this as a default, if you have a way to automatically edit the Google search URL, you can create your own defaults.

• @Muscar
    link
    English
    201 month ago

The idea of it is, but DDG isn’t. I used it for a couple of years but rarely felt it was good enough, I kept having to go back to Google or even Bing or Yandex to get the results I needed. One of my major gripes was it not showing the dates on results, so I never knew if the information was up to date without clicking through to every result and checking it there. Then I kept seeing pretty bad news about it, the company doing stuff people, including me, didn’t appreciate.

I know some will hate on me for this, but I’ve now used Kagi for about a year and it’s by far the best I’ve ever used. If or when that goes bad I’ll find something else, but right now nothing comes close to giving me both the right results and also giving me control over everything. Of course, there are negatives but that’s the case with everything else too. None of the “bad” news about it has turned out to be even close to as bad as first reported, and the rest is just people hating on it because others say they like it.

• @ikidd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 month ago

Its better than google these days. The results are more relevant and relatively unpolluted with AI shit results than google.

I’ll use Kagi when my searches aren’t associated with my payment info and presumably other fingerprinting.