• @delirious_owl
    link
    -584 months ago

Please link to sources if youre gonna quote something

• @TachyonTele@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      384 months ago

The article and a picture of the actual words aren’t good enough for you? Are you confused about who and where the quote is from?

• @delirious_owl
        link
        -54 months ago

Yes. It needs a link to the source for verification.

• @delirious_owl
            link
            -24 months ago

There’s no link to the source of the quote in that article. Did you even check??

Its mind blowing that I’m being down voted by folks who tell me to read the article who they themselves have only skimmed the article.

A screenshot is not a source. Learn some information literacy, please.

• @TachyonTele@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              edit-2
              4 months ago

You’re being downvoted for making a stupid demand, and then downvoted even more for dying on it’s hill.

You know where the quote came from. You know it’s source. You go there and verify it.

I know you won’t though. Then there wouldn’t be anything for you to bitch about.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        edit-2
        4 months ago

I read the article and also couldn’t find a link to the source

• @delirious_owl
            link
            -54 months ago

Still no link provided to the source content.

• @delirious_owl
                link
                edit-2
                4 months ago

What? That’s exactly my criticism of others. Everyone upvoting this trash content is apparently OK with unverifiable claims from incredible sources who don’t cite their sources for quotes.

Critical thinking is literally what I’m trying to teach and increase in our communities.

• @nova_ad_vitum@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  14 months ago

The quote is entirely verifiable. You know how, so does everyone. Whining because people won’t spoonfeed you a link is pathetic.

• @delirious_owl
                    link
                    04 months ago

Its not spoonfeeding to follow basic best practices in journalism.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        -24 months ago

No, I think its necessary that we follow basic best practices for all quotes on news platforms.