I’ve been looking around for lemmy apps but I just can’t seem to find the best one if anyone has any suggestions they are welcome

• @DashboTreeFrog
    link
    English
    1419 days ago

I know people like the FOSS apps like Jerboa, but I wasn’t into the interface. I heard there were big changes since I tried it though so maybe it’s good now.

That said, Boost is my daily driver. Was happy with the Reddit version so I paid for the ad free Lemmy version too. Everything works and it’s all smooth and intuitive (to me at least).

I also tried Sync and I do think it’s nicer than Boost but WAY more expensive to go ad free.

• @Varven@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      519 days ago

Yer I tried boost didn’t like it because ads that’s one of the reasons I moved away from reddit

• Victor
        link
        fedilink
        219 days ago

I paid to get rid of ads both when it was a Reddit app and now when it turned into a Lemmy app. It’s very nice.

• @DashboTreeFrog
        link
        English
        019 days ago

I’m all for paying developers when the product is good. Boost was recommended to me by someone I trust, and I believe the controversial permissions were addressed by the developer saying it was boiler plate stuff for the ad service they were using, so I have no problems recommending it at the price they’re offering for ad free