• @PolarPerspective
    link
    English
    -1611 months ago

lemmy.blahaj.zone are left wing extremists with zero tolerance for anyone who doesn’t already believe what they believe. I’m not sure why they don’t just defederate themselves. They’ve been openly upset that people who disagree with them on certain issues keep finding them through the all communities tab and, gasp, disagree with them in the comments.

I don’t see how banning everyone who disagrees with you is easier than creating an insulated community of people who do agree with you, but I guess that’s their preference.

• Paige (she/her)
      link
      fedilink
      English
      2611 months ago

Going to Lemmy to complain about “left-wing extremists” is kind of funny especially since the instance’s only real political stance is promoting gay/trans rights.

• Zorque
        link
        fedilink
        511 months ago

Well, if you’re from the US, then that is radical left-wing extremism, sadly. Because we’re making huge leaps backward in some places as much as we’re taking huge steps forward in others.

• @Sentinian@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1211 months ago

Blahaj only has one political* take and it’s that they support LGBTQ+ if you are shunned from that community chances are you might be the problem.

*(humans living as they please shouldn’t be political)

• fuwa
        link
        fedilink
        211 months ago

humans living as they please shouldn’t be political

By that logic, why is it a problem if consenting adults express themselves sexually in non-traditional ways?

Historically speaking, there has always been a lot of overlap and connection between kink and LGTBQ+ communities. There was a time not too long ago where simply being gay was considered to be not only a “sexual perversion” but also a “paraphilic disorder” by the psychiatric community. (Not advocating this viewpoint in any way, just pointing out the historical context.) Because of that, the LGTBQ+ community has basically always been an ally of the kink community, and vice versa. And if you visit a pride parade, for example, I think everyone can agree that there is a general vibe of sex-positivity and personal sexual freedom that suggests that there is no “wrong” sexual expression between consenting adults.

• @Sentinian@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          11 months ago

By that logic, why is it a problem if consenting adults express themselves sexually in non-traditional ways?

In what context are we talking and how are we presenting?

I see plenty of cis women wanting to go to the beach nearly full cheeks out but that’s considered fine? I can show my bare chest since I am not fem passing, but after a hrt will it suddenly not be fine? Our standards for whats ok and whats not are very iffy at best.

The overlap between kink and lgbtq+ I don’t see as an issue. As long as consenting adults are the ones involved and we keep minors out of it I am 100% for it.

• fuwa
            link
            fedilink
            edit-2
            11 months ago

The overlap between kink and lgbtq+ I don’t see as an issue. As long as adults are the ones involved and we keep minors out of it I am 100% for it.

Isn’t that exactly what this thread is about?

As in, blahajzone has defederated from lemmynsfw for kink content which, from what I’ve gathered, seems to consist of consenting adults only.

• @Sentinian@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              edit-2
              11 months ago

Sorry, I seemed to have misunderstood what you meant in relation to this thread.

You make a good point actually, I don’t typically consume NSFW so I am not too welled versed in it but it appears that the problem are models who “pass” as younger I guess? I mean I can see the slippery slope and how that might be hypocritical to the initial I stated. My opinion on that is its a slippery slope but ultimately consensual so it doesn’t bother me.

The initial point was more on the idea of lgbtq+ rights (or anyone’s rights) shouldn’t even be a political topic to begin with, as human rights shouldn’t a nuanced problem. Everyone should have a right to live how they please as long as they hurt nobody else. It shouldn’t be a question, as truthfully anyone’s existence alone shouldn’t hurt anyone else, and if it does then it sounds like the person being hurt is the actual problem.

• @garaksbussy@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          211 months ago

There was a time not too long ago where simply being gay was considered to be not only a “sexual perversion” but also a “paraphilic disorder” by the psychiatric community.

That was a brief time well contained within the 20th century.