• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    -3417 days ago

Trying to, unfortunately Republicans aren’t the only ones seeking to destroy everything - the Democrats doing a damn fine job as well:-(. This isn’t bOtH sIdEs BS, I’m saying that one side had a majority and did something with it, then the other side had that and… didn’t. Thus by the ratchet effect, they win by default. Biden’s Presidency has done so much, but the Democratic party as a whole not so much.

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        -1217 days ago

I cannot imagine “knowing” as much as you, when it seems to me that the more I study, the more facets, nuances, and subtleties I uncover. Trying to fathom the idea that there are precisely and only two of every single thing on earth - genders, political parties, black or white, good or bad, even day vs. night - when what I see is a rainbow of spectral complexity, for example a very cloudy (rainy?) day or a bright moonlit night… is too constraining, nay actually heart-rending for me to do for long. You may feel free to keep your eyes squeezed shut if you must, but I promise you that if you peek out of them, you will see wonders abounding!

Anyway you are correct - it is both sides(-er-ism). But also… it is not?

“I wasted time, and now doth time waste me; for now hath time made me his numbering clock: my thoughts are minutes; and with sighs they jar their watches on unto mine eyes, the outward watch, the heart, where sorrow lies.”