• @infinitevalenceM
    link
    English
    216 days ago

My apologies for not getting to this sooner, Juno is now banned because it was worthless conversation and did not keep within our very simple and basic rules.

As for hoop & loop w/ magnets, I would prefer to 3D print and use magnets but thats because I am a 3d printer nerd too. I can understand buying this cable management if you dont have the skills or interest in making your own, but outside of that cable management just does not require a dedicated product IMO.

• @jet@hackertalks.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      16 days ago

I think the one really cool innovation for magnetic plastic clips is just ease of adding things in and out to your wire runs. Massively reconfigurable. Even velco loops it’s going to take a couple seconds to put things in and out.

It’s a pretty niche use case, but they look cool, they’re just priced way too high for my budget. Printing them would make a lot more sense. But given loops are supposed to be out of the way anyway, the Velcro works just as well, and it’s not visible.

Honestly however if it were up to me every room would have an overhead cable run!