A day late, but better late than never!

Finished Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher. Book 8 of Dresden Files. Loving how the series is progressing. How the characters are growing, and how the stakes keep getting higher and higher.

Currently Reading Cytonic by Brandon Sanderson. Book 3 of Cytoverse / Skyward series. It continues from after Book 2, and we haven’t come across the events of the novellas yet. I am interested to see how they will cover those.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening lately?

A regular reminder about our Book Bingo, and it’s Recommendation Post . Links are also present in our community sidebar.

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    210 days ago

The magicians

Lev Grossman’s? I read it a long time ago, and while it wasn’t a quick read, I remember enjoying it. Haven’t read any of the sequels though. Have been thinking about rereading the book and then getting the sequels.

• VaultBoyNewVegas
      link
      fedilink
      410 days ago

That one. I finally got to act 2 earlier today and it’s definitely not for me. The writing and the structure doesn’t work for me and it feels like I haven’t even seen any plot so far. I know act 2 is after the school but I’m not reading 10 chapters to maybe see what the plot is. I couldn’t get into malazan or song of ice and fire either and I got to book 2 of malazan and actually liked book 1 before the 2nd took a different direction.

• VaultBoyNewVegas
          link
          fedilink
          210 days ago

Not interested. I really don’t enjoy the books so I’m not spending 40 minutes an episode to see if I “might” enjoy the sort of adaptation. Plus I really don’t want to see orgies with mute students and foxes fucking. I don’t even watch wheel of time and I loved those books. I actually don’t really watch any adaptation because I’m usually disappointed in some way.