I have been planning to install Kinoite on my laptop, dual booting with Windows.

However depending on what I read online, it is either not possible, not recommended, tricky to setup or it is just a matter of setting partitions up before installing Kinoite. Broad range of opinions and no good “tutorial” how to do it.

Anyone having direct experience with that?

• RBGOP
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      12 days ago

Awesome, that is exactly the type of first hand experience and description I was looking for! Thanks!

Is there anything to be expected when updating the system to a new version? Maybe you haven’t done that yet…

• @poki
        link
        edit-2
        12 days ago

Thanks!

It has been my pleasure 😊.

Is there anything to be expected when updating the system to a new version?

The write-up found above ensures that the two systems don’t share any space within the same drive. Therefore, there’s nothing to worry about.

For example, I’ve upgraded Fedora from 39 to 40 about two months ago without any troubles. Heck, I’m on Bluefin’s :latest. So, the update to 40 happened automatically in the background without notifying me. So, with the very next reboot I suddenly found myself on 40 😅. I probably wouldn’t even have noticed any difference were it not that some GNOME extensions didn’t work right away. Otherwise, it was a perfectly smooth update.