• @sarsaparilyptusOP
    link
    1511 months ago

we have plenty of cheap protein which has grown from the earth since the dawn of time

It seems like people are willing to go to ANY length to avoid eating beans and nuts.

• @LeylaaLovee@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      1511 months ago

Rice and beans is for those poor people tho 😭 Missing the essential nutrient of “living things suffering” that I need to live. I mean how else do you explain to things that don’t speak that you’re better than them in every way? Rice and beans only feeds the weak ass flesh water balloon you control, killing feeds the ego.

I’d rather switch to eating Dung Beetles because I can’t dominate beans. The rice has no fog of war or technology tree. I don’t understand how people eat without just killing absolutely everything in their path. I personally stopped buying beef from the grocery stores and just started going out into the fields at night to drain blood out of cattle’s neck. I also really enjoy eating live squirrels and rats I find while navigating the city via sewers in order to avoid my vampiric form from being seen by those poor poor human people.

• @paracel@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      111 months ago

Straight up yeah. Which is insane. It’s the sexiest thing somebody can do imo. I don’t wanna see somebody eat a shitty protein bar I wanna see your homemade bean curry with brown rice. That’s a measure of character