Every other day I see the the world turning into a cyberpunk hellscape with no privacy. I am starting to feel what’s the point of trying to claw back privavy.

However I am not givong up as the need for privacy is more important than ever.

It the spirit of continuing the fight how should what should I Improve next?

Currently running Fedora 40 and use only open source apps. When browsing I try and use Mullvad browser and use my regular logins on a hardened Firefox with arkenfox. I have proton unlimtes for mail, passwords, drive and a VPN which is always on. I have filen as a back for redundancy and my most import files are encrypted with Crypomator and uploaded to both clouds.

On my mobile I use a pixel 4, I tried Graphene OS but my banking failed so back to stock Android. The only I have replaces most android apps with Fossify apps and use Obtanium, Aurura and F-Droid for apps. I use ente Auth for authentication except for my work as I have to use Microsoft Authenticator. The only proprietary apps I use are Facebook messenger, spotify, google maps and my bank. I use Facebook messenger and maps through shelter .

For browsing on Android I use Mull and on my android Proton VPN is always on. I visit twitter and twitter ocasionly but always through mull browser.

For keeping in contact with freinds I use Aliucord in Android and Vesktop on my PC

Before anyone asks my bank is App only and it is the only way I have been able to successfully manage my finaces so I have to stay with that for now.

For spending habniys I try to use Google pay as little as possible and use my master card.

My Apologies for my english I am a little stupid when it comes to spelling and grammar.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    edit-2
    2 days ago

They have a onion service. If the climate activist used that, then proton wouldn’t have any details to give LE.

Use the privacy tools they tell you to use. they literally tell you how to prevent this from happening.

Use TAILS for activism

• The Doctor
      link
      fedilink
      English
      12 days ago

Also, they have to follow Swiss law if they want to stay in business.

• @delirious_owl
          link
          22 days ago

Well, it usually is a good sign when an org actively breaks laws…choosing morality over law