• @FelipeFelop
    link
    English
    183 days ago

I think you’ve missed the point. It’s not the data they are collecting but the fact they say they don’t collect data.

• @FelipeFelop
        link
        English
        93 days ago

Not sure I agree entirely. The actions I take are definitely data about me.

Also, in many jurisdictions data that could be combined (even in the future) with other data to identify you or something about you, is considered personal data.

For example, Device ID is AstridWipenaugh’s device and they use the app in the morning.

• Ghoelian
          link
          fedilink
          English
          33 days ago

(I don’t like this kind of data collection either fwiw, not trying to defend them or anything)

On Android at least, device id’s are unique per app, and reset when you reset your phone to factory. In theory they can’t use this data to cross-track you personally, since every service that uses a device id has a different one for the same user.

They can probably still build up a pretty accurate profile of you based on other data they collect though.

• @FelipeFelop
            link
            English
            13 days ago

Yes, that’s exactly the point. Combining data is something that must be considered. (And in some jurisdictions like the EU you even need to consider if it could be combined in future with other data)