Most of my favourite books/movies/TV shows are Sci fi - I love Mary Shelley, slaughterhouse five, annihilation (both the book and the movie), The Thing, x files, the invasion, and the OA. This feels like a pretty wide variety of writing styles when I line them up but 90% of the sci fi I read/watch I just don’t enjoy at all. It’s a shame because when I love something sci fi I feel like it’s changed my whole life, but when it comes to finding new things I can just enjoy its easier to go through other genres. Is anyone else like this? Does anyone have reccomendations based on what I do like?

• @mdrwOP
    link
    English
    111 months ago

Oh man I can’t belive I forgot to include Severance, best show of 2022 in my opinion. I totally agree with you about it ending after season 1, I think they wrapped it up perfectly. I also wish they’d done that with the OA. I do think Severance would have been better if they’d included less “outie” stuff and/or introduced it later - don’t want to spoil this for anyone else reading but I think the moment you see Mark’s face change from fear and devestation to a completely neutral expression (you know the one) would have been a perfect time to start introducing the outside world.