• @delirious_owl
    link
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I think its only drivers. Cyclists are usually respectful about not running over others.

• @li10@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      151 month ago

Cyclists can most certainly go into a blind rage as well, acting like drivers aren’t people.

I cycle myself and there are 100% times it’s warranted, but let’s stop with the idea that cyclists are enlightened beings that can never do wrong.

Some people cycle around and break the rules of the road like idiots, and put themselves in danger at times.

• @grue@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        131 month ago

Cyclists can most certainly go into a blind rage as well, acting like drivers aren’t people.

Acting like drivers aren’t people. Not other cyclists, not pedestrians, just drivers.

In other words, once again, the fundamental cause of the problem is the cars.

• @grue@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            1 month ago

No, it’s not the machine we’re using, is disconnecting our empathy from that person who inconveniences us

Exactly: the machine we’re using (the automobile) is disconnecting our empathy from that person who inconveniences us!

• @FireRetardant@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          01 month ago

A big part of that problem could be solved by properly seperating bikes from cars and allowing as little points of conflict as possible. Then at least car ragers are surrounded by just cars which have some protection for their occupants, and cyclists are surrounded by other cyclists which can hopefully leave the area of a rager. Id still rather someone ram me with a bicycle than a car.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        41 month ago

You are the problem. Its never warranted to act like someone else isn’t human.

Take the lane. Stay visible. Ride safe. Follow vehicle laws.