X, the social media platform owned by Trump megadonor Elon Musk, is promoting Trump campaign-curated content to all U.S. users, regardless of whether they have opted out of Trump-related content.

On the platform formerly known as Twitter, banner ads for the Trump campaign donning the #Trump2024 tag appear for all U.S. users, even those who’ve blocked words, topics, and hashtags related to the candidate or his campaign or muted the advertiser.

Additionally, the #MAGA tag displays an edited image of the former president from his attempted assassination and the #Trump2024 hashtag displays an American flag.

It is unclear whether the Trump campaign paid for the images on the #Trump2024 and #MAGA tags, though an advertisement for the tag on the site’s trending page reads “Promoted by Team Trump.” As Mashable noted, it is the first time the platform has enabled the image feature to promote a specific political candidate.

Clicking the Trump2024 tag also prompts American flag graphics to flood the screen.

• @radivojevic
    link
    1322 months ago

If you still have a Twitter account, you are a piece of shit. That goes for everyone of you

• katy ✨
      link
      fedilink
      102 months ago

i got rid of mine shortly after he officially owned it but i used to follow a lot of certain people on nitter for a long time but the past year or so ive even been doing that less and less because i don’t care about it anymore

• Cadeillac
      link
      fedilink
      English
      92 months ago

I don’t ever use it to think to delete it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @MummifiedClient5000@feddit.dk
            link
            fedilink
            English
            112 months ago

You know very well that musk is not just “a guy”, he is ultrarich and is using his money to get more money, no matter the cost to the rest of the world.

You know very well that the amount musk promises to donate monthly is more money than most people will see in their entire lifetime - including you.

You know very well that trump is not just a political candidate. He is a fascist piece of shit and has already stated that he will be a dictator.

Why do you simp for these fuckers? They wouldn’t bother to piss on you if you were on fire.

• @CableMonster@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              -72 months ago

You know very well that trump is not just a political candidate. He is a fascist piece of shit and has already stated that he will be a dictator.

Annnnnd this is where you go off the rail.

I simp for the truth and consistency. Elon is just another billionaire that is influencing things, the only reason you care about what he is doing is because your team tells you to care. You guys used to like elon, but since he left the circle jerk he is the enemy. You should like a troll billionaire but you cant get past the agenda.

link
                fedilink
                English
                62 months ago

None of the statements I made are wrong.

Did you not pay attention when trump said he’d be a dictator on day one? Or are you just ignoring that easily verifiable fact?

Will you be disappointed if he doesn’t behave like a proper dictator on day one, considering your love for truth and consistency?

• @CableMonster@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  -32 months ago

What were the two things he listed after he said he was going to be dictator on day one?

The issue is that they are misleading you with lying facts. For example if I said “A person is YY times more likely to die in a hospital than at the grocery store”, that would be true but its misleading to believe that if I go to the hospital I am more likely to die than at the grocery store.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    32 months ago

I believe that it was related to immigration and further ruination of the environment - Two hot topics among the majority of his cult; the racists and the coal rollers. Really makes no difference. His intentions are to shit on due process and law and order and do whatever he wants. Perhaps it will be for one day only, but that just doesn’t seem likely considering his general approach to the law and the sycophants he got in the SCOTUS.

• @lidd1ejimmy@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          1 month ago

Damn I just got back from twitter… It really changed in the past month it’s all political stuff and I never used twitter to research politics I’m not even American I’m a Canuck but maybe that is close enough.

Moral of the story: I agree with you

• @nomous@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            21 month ago

It really has changed. I noticed it a few months back. Subtle rightwing and like, morbid “shock” content and even some animal abuse started popping up more and more. I just gradually started using it less and less, it was pretty obvious what was going on.

• @rammer@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      -72 months ago

I still have a Twitter account. I mostly watch the cess pit argue with each other and to keep up with the latest misinformation.

But even that is growing tiresome.